Updated 4/23/2020 - This year we celebrate our 10th year as an independent real estate brokerage! We couldn't have done it without your support, and neither can all the other local businesses in our area.
It's so important that we all continue to support the businesses in our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help, we've compiled this list of 20 of the many local businesses who have risen to the challenge of this strange new world we live in.
Entertainment & Fitness
- Needham Music & Dance: Now is the perfect time to learn that instrument you've always wanted to! All Needham Music teachers are Berklee or Conservatory graduates, and now they are providing all of their classes remotely over Zoom.
- The Paint Bar: Jackie and Jill have reinvented their painting studio, now offering virtual online classes, private parties, and corporate events via Zoom. They'll deliver or ship all of the materials to you in advance so you'll be ready for some fun.
- Learning Express Toys: Looking for some new stimulation for the kids or wondering where to get a personalized gift? Call the Learning Express, and they'll even deliver your $50+ order locally for free.
- West Suburban YMCA: Always a community builder, the Y has a wide array of online fitness classes over Facebook and Zoom. Check with your local Y as you might be able to access their online programs even if you're not a member.
- Fit4 Newton: Mike Gilmore is now hosting 30 minute, HIIT online fitness coaching through Zoom. No equipment needed and the whole family can share one screen and workout together for only $10, pay as you go! Install the Mindbody App, find Fit4, location: Newton, MA to get started.
- New Art Center: This community art space in Newtonville is now offering a variety of remote-learning art classes and demonstrations for kids and adults.
Home & Garden
- Swartz Ace Hardware: The folks at Swartz' are happy to answer any questions you have or help you find the right product. They're now offering curbside pickup for orders through acehardware.com Mon-Sat 8-3 and Sun 10-3.
- Russo's: The retail store will be closed 4/12 through 4/29. Even while the store is closed, you can order Russo Boxes packed with fresh produce and gourmet foods through their website for curbside pickup, and the garden section will remain open daily 9-3.
- Volante Farms: The farm store and greenhouse are currently operating online for curbside pickup only. Check the website for updates, and keep in mind that Volante is hiring temporary positions!
- Allandale Farm: Toward their goal of bringing locally grown and sustainable food, plants, and supplies safely into the community, Allandale has launched a new online shop for curbside pickup. This is also a great time to register for their Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) shares so you'll have fresh local produce all summer long.
Food & Beverage
There are so many wonderful restaurants that are still open for take-out! Here's just a few to note:
- Brewer’s Coalition: One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants, BC is going above and beyond by offering 20% off pickup to First Responders, Hospital Staff, Grocery Store workers, and MBTA workers! Just show some type of ID please. Call for current hours for pickup and delivery.
- Los Amigos: Open for take out and delivery of their delicious tacos and burritos at 4 of their 5 locations. On March 30, owner Dan Ustayev and his team even donated lunch for the ICU staff at St. Elizabeth hospital.
- Great Harvest Bread Co: What could be more comforting right now than a freshly baked loaf of bread? With the help of your generous donations, owners Cheryl and Jim are delivering hundreds of loaves to Newton food pantires and Newton-Wellesley Hospital week after week! All orders are for delivery or curbside pickup.
- Cabot’s Ice Cream & Restaurant: Cabot's is serving take-out, including their full ice cream menu, frappes, and ice cream cakes. Now there's a reason to celebrate!
- The Linden Store: Curbside pickup of their fabulous sandwiches is now available Mon-Fri 10-4 and Sat 10-3.
- Hazel's Bakery: With some creative new options like Take-And-Bake cookies and Cookie Decorating Kits, Hazel's has got your sweet tooth covered with curbside delivery Tue-Sat 8-2.
- Rox Diner: The Rox is still dishing up amazing brunch and lunch fare for pickup 8am to 2pm. Their West Roxbury location is even serving curbside mimosas with mini-champagne bottles and freshly squeezed OJ brought right to your car!
- Blue Ribbon BBQ: Got a hankering for finger-licking good barbeque? Blue Ribbon is open for take-out, curbside pickup, and free delivery within 3 miles of each restaurant for a $20 minimum. Check social media for specials.
- Treat Cupcake Bar: In addition to web orders, this bakery has a fresh weekly menu of cupcake and cake pop bake-at-home kits they'll deliver for free to your Newton, Needham, or Wellesley home! Check their social media feeds for the latest offerings.
- Trillium Brewing: One of the finest craft beers is now available for delivery or no-contact curbside pickup at their Canton location. Cheers!
What local businesses are you supporting during this time? Reach out and let us know!
The information provided here was meant solely for convenience and was accurate to the best of our knowledge when it was updated on 4/23/2020. Dwell360 is not responsible for the policies of businesses listed here or changes they make as the pandemic progresses.